1. Prepare ₱5,000 (or AUD135, rate valid until December 2016) application fee by requesting for a (local bank) managers check payable to the Australian Embassy. Please do not forget to call the VFS toll-free hotline for the latest rate at telephone no: +632 790 4900
2. Prepare 2 pcs. of recent passport size photograph, must have collar and white background. One will be attached to the application form while the other will be attached to the checklist form.
3. Download and fill up the subclass 600 (form 1419) visa application and checklist forms. Make sure to fill up all spaces. If not applicable, just write NA. I printed mine on A4 sized paper.
4. Gather supporting documents:
- Certified copy (notarized by a lawyer) of the biographical pages of the current passport. Yes, you don't need to include/submit your passport to the embassy. -- Just photocopy the "profile page" of your passport (the page where you have your complete details as well as passport photo) and have it notarized as certified copy.
- Photocopy of latest birth certificate issued by NSO.
- Latest copy of bank certificate/statement.
- Employment certificate issued by your employer.
- Latest Income Tax Return (BIR Form 2316).
- Sample itinerary of your trip to Australia.
- Affidavit of Support from parents/guardian with their Income Tax Return, Business Certificates, and Bank Certificates
- Photocopies of old Australian visas
- Attach any existing visas from OECD countries
- Attach copies of your round-trip tickets. (Optional)
Since I'm from Taguig, I directly submitted my application at the VFS Global office in Ecoplaza building, Chino Roces Ave., Makati City. Please take note that there's VFS Global in Cebu. So what can you expect upon entry?
1. Bags/cell phones are not allowed inside (they do have an area where you can deposit items for safety keeping) so I suggest you just bring all documents needed in a long brown envelope plus the ₱625 handling fee.
2. Once inside, you'll be given a number and form that you need to fill up and submit to counter number 3. Counter numbers 4-8 will be the one to check your documents so you need to wait for your name to be called.
3. Agents will double check your forms and documents so make sure they're complete. You'll be given options on how you'd like to know the result of your application. Mine was to be sent via email (it's free, no extra charge) so that I no longer need to come back the VFS Global office.
If you prefer to save time then I suggest you lodge your application. Once you've gathered all supporting documents, place them inside a long brown envelope and seal with your signature. You need to call for schedule of pick-up. Couriers do not accept cash so you need to prepare another manager's check worth ₱1,740 (₱625 for handling and ₱1,115 for one-way courier fee) payable to VFS Services Philippines Private Inc.
Here's a copy of my old and new Australian visa.